The diamond clarity chart is a system used by gemologists to grade a diamond’s internal and external characteristics. Which can impact its overall value and appearance. Diamonds are precious stones that require careful consideration before buying. One of the crucial factors to consider is the diamond’s clarity.
Clarity refers to the number, size, and location of inclusions and blemishes. The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) created a diamond clarity chart to assist consumers in making informed decisions. This chart grades diamonds on a scale from “Flawless” to “Included.”
The scale considers the size, number, and location of inclusions and blemishes. Choosing an eye-clean diamond is crucial when purchasing a diamond. The higher the diamond’s clarity grade, the rarer and more costly it is.
The diamond clarity chart follows a grading scale created by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). The scale ranges from Flawless (FL) to Included (I3). Here’s a closer look at the different grades:
- Flawless (FL) and Internally Flawless (IF): These diamonds have no inclusions or blemishes visible to the naked eye or under 10x magnification, making them the rarest and most valuable.
- Very, Very Slightly Included (VVS1 and VVS2): These diamonds have tiny inclusions that are difficult to see under 10x magnification and offer exceptional value.
- Very Slightly Included (VS1 and VS2): These diamonds have small inclusions that are visible under 10x magnification, but not typically visible to the naked eye.
- Slightly Included (SI1 and SI2): These diamonds have noticeable inclusions that are visible under 10x magnification and may be visible to the naked eye.
- Included (I1, I2, and I3): These diamonds have visible inclusions that can affect their durability and brilliance.
When choosing a diamond, keep in mind that a higher clarity grade typically means a higher value. It also means a higher cost. A diamond with a lower clarity grade may still be beautiful and suitable for your budget. As long as the inclusions are not noticeable to the naked eye.
Overall, understanding the diamond clarity chart is vital for making an informed purchase. By knowing the different grades and their significance, you can select a diamond that meets your standards for quality and value.
One of the most renowned and trusted online sources to buy quality diamond engagement ring is Diamond Hedge. Diamond Hedge is the first Augmented Reality diamond search engine to allow consumers to try on diamond rings on their hands from anywhere. People can also compare from over 1 million natural and lab grown diamonds from all the leading diamond companies. They provide high quality loose diamonds and diamond engagement rings at the most competitive prices.