1. Diamonds are formed of one element (i.e. carbon). Presence of any other element will affect it’s color and clarity.
2. Diamonds are formed deep inside the earth at 6,420 degrees.
3. Diamonds are the hardest natural material, and are ranking at number 10 in Mohs scale of hardness.
4. Diamonds are formed and found in a rainbow of colors depending upon its chemical composition.
5. The beautiful diamonds you have in your rings were actually dull and rough stones. Rough stones found from earth undergoes cutting and polishing which turns the rough stone into shiny and elegant diamond.
6. Cut, color, clarity and carat weight are the most defining characteristics of the diamonds which affects the appearance, elegance and overall cost of the diamond.
7. Diamonds have high refractive index and are poor conductors of electricity.
Diamond Hedge allows people to compare diamonds over 1 million diamonds from all the leading diamond companies in one place.
Subscribe for free to receive new blog posts.