TOP 20 DIAMOND BUYING TIPS
1) Buy just below whole carats (0.91ct, 1.9ct, etc.) and save hundreds or thousands of dollars.
2) Princess, Cushion, Oval, Emerald (and other fancy) shapes are generally less expensive than a Round cut diamond with the same carat weight.
3) To save money on an engagement ring, try a Mosaic setting.
4) To maximize your budget, consider an ‘Eye-Clean’ diamond (VS2 or higher), in which inclusions are invisible to the naked eye.
5) If your budget is more suited for a smaller diamond, get a Halo setting (small diamonds around the center stone). Halo setting is a great way to make the center stone appear larger.
6) A well cut diamond can make the diamond appear larger.
7) Even if a diamond has the highest color or clarity grade, it will appear dull if the cut is poor.
8) Consider setting diamonds with a color grade of ‘I’ or ‘J’ in yellow gold.
9) Cut has the greatest influence on a diamond’s sparkle.
10) Review a copy of the diamond certificate as proof it has undergone an unbiased, professional examination.
11) Get a laser inscription on your diamond, so it will identify your diamond if it’s ever lost or stolen.
12) If you are not sure what your future fiancée prefers in a ring? Consider purchasing a loose diamond and then decide on the mounting together.
13) As a diamond size increases, color becomes more noticeable (especially in diamonds of 2 carats or greater).
14) Kimberley Process tracks diamonds to make sure they are conflict free.
15) Look for a diamond that’s as symmetrical as possible – a diamond with good symmetry will have more sparkle.
16) Round diamonds tends to have more brilliance than other shapes.
17) As a diamond’s size increases, color becomes more noticeable.
18) The GIA color scale uses letters to represent the absence of color, beginning with D (colorless) and ending at Z (light yellow or brown).
19) Don’t sacrifice quality for carat size.
20) The ring deciding factors should be your (and your partner’s) personal taste, needs, and financial situation.
One of the most renowned and trusted online sites to buy quality loose diamonds is Diamond Hedge. Diamond Hedge is the first Augmented Reality diamond search engine to allow consumers to try on diamond rings on their hands from anywhere in the world and then compare from over 1 million diamonds from all the leading diamond companies of the world. They provide high quality loose diamonds and diamond engagement rings at the most competitive prices to buy diamonds online.